Thursday, September 30, 2010

Favorite Banned Book

I saw this post on the Upstart Crow blog the other day, of agent Chris Richman with some of his favorite banned books. I wasn't going to join in (I was too lazy to find my camera and take a picture of myself, if you want to know the truth), but then I saw that Scary Stories To Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz was at number four in 2008.

What the heck? Okay, so those weren't exactly the words I used, but I have to say I was really surprised to find that one on there. This book is awesome--the whole series rocks. It has all these spooky stories in it, nice and short, so also great for the reluctant reader. My daughter DEVOURED these books. The Scary Stories Series books are important because they're fun to read, even if you're not much of reader.

Anyway, if you want to join in on this banned books blogging bonanza, here 'tis:

1.Go find your favorite banned book.
2.Take a picture of yourself with said book.
3.Give that book some love by explaining why you think it is an important book.
4.Post it to your blog.
5.Spread the word!

And here's me, with the book. For what it's worth, my kids are not holding satanic offerings in the back yard. Yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 2022 News (or: on reading slumps and lots of editing...)

  April snuck up on me like a thief in the night! I’ve been so busy writing, editing, and coming up with ideas for  Daybreak on Raven Island...