Tuesday, December 6, 2011

iHoliday Musings

Apologies for recent quietude on the blog--I've been daydreaming (plotting) about my new book, and untangling Christmas lights. First off: congrats to all my NaNoWriMo writer pals! I'm impresssed.

On a completely different subject (unless you're looking for a reward for your NaNo accomplishments): guess what tops kids' Christmas list? (stolen from Digital Life)

Can I just mention I was raised when you'd get a Barbie--or better yet a book--this time of year? I know, I'm showing my age, but...

An iPad?

Now here's a question from the parent in me: if you're going to give kids an iPad this year, what's under the tree next year? A car?
Whaddoy'allthink?

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on that one, Fleur. And, in our house at least, there was no guarantee you would get what you asked for.

    That made it even better when the "big" gift was there. And by big I mean--a Barbie, a wristwatch, a cheapo camera, a tiny transistor radio. There were other things like sweaters and new pajamas and coloring books and puzzles but not hundreds of dollars worth of anything.

    And it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I remember getting socks for the holidays :-) It's so different today...

    ReplyDelete

April 2022 News (or: on reading slumps and lots of editing...)

  April snuck up on me like a thief in the night! I’ve been so busy writing, editing, and coming up with ideas for  Daybreak on Raven Island...