Rockin' Oatmeal Cookies (this recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Mix 2 sticks of soft butter with 1 cup of regular sugar, and 1 cup of brown sugar
- Add 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract and 2 eggs (use a mixer, if you have one, or a fork)
- Slowly mix in 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, and 2 1/2 cups of self-rising flour (if you don't live at high altitude, make that 2 cups)
- Taste the dough. It's really good.
- Finally, add 3 cups of old-school oatmeal, and 2 cups of raisins. You can add nuts too, if you're into that--me, not so much.
- Bake for 16 minutes on a waxpaper-lined cookie sheet. While you wait, you can practice how you'll respond to all the praise you'll get ("It was nothing, really." Or: "I just whipped these up." Or, "Really, I should be a chef?")
- Eat cookies. Share if you must.