Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bleeding Heart


Cute kitty, no? Happily stolen from I Can Has Cheezburger.

I'm a bit off-topic here, but it's not like that hasn't happened before, right? And those of you who follow this blog know I love cats like a nutty spinster.

If you like cats, consider adopting some of the many (many, many) left behind by their owners. This article talks about the bad economy and how shelters are packed here in Colorado, and a quick search on The Google told me it's just as bad all over the country. The Humane Society is receiving 40-50 cats A DAY--they're calling it a crisis. So if you have room (and kitties take up very little room), think of getting yourself a cat.

Cats are better entertainment than cable (see pic), and cheaper, too. I know, I'm a bleeding heart and you can't save them all, and all that prudent advice--but we can try, right?

Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 2022 News (or: on reading slumps and lots of editing...)

  April snuck up on me like a thief in the night! I’ve been so busy writing, editing, and coming up with ideas for  Daybreak on Raven Island...