Friday, July 23, 2010

On Libraries and Teen Spaces

There's an interview on YPulse with Kim Bolan Cullin, author of Teen Spaces: The Step-by-Step Library Makeover where she talks about (you may have guessed this from the title of her book) teen spaces in libraries. Really interesting stuff.

She brought up that there still are very few allocated spaces for the 9-12 year-olds--the middle graders, which I've noticed myself. My library (which is really great, btw) mixes MG books in both the kids section and the separate teen section--not ideal.

Let's hope that with more books being published for this age group, we'll see allocated spaces for the MG crowd too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 2022 News (or: on reading slumps and lots of editing...)

  April snuck up on me like a thief in the night! I’ve been so busy writing, editing, and coming up with ideas for  Daybreak on Raven Island...