Friday, September 30, 2011

Banned Kidlit

This link came across my e-desk: 17 Banned Books You Read As A Child (BuzzFeed), which I thought I'd share during Banned Books Week. Now, this is not my first go at this event; last year, I was blown away that Captain Underpants made the list. But then he is in underpants, and we know how that's just too funny for some people to handle.

But how does Where's Wally? make the list? And James and the Giant Peach? Seriously.

I roll my eyes at you, book banners. On the upside: it gives the rest of us a reason to revisit some of our favorite classics. Happy reading, and happy Friday, YA Sleutheri!

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 2022 News (or: on reading slumps and lots of editing...)

  April snuck up on me like a thief in the night! I’ve been so busy writing, editing, and coming up with ideas for  Daybreak on Raven Island...