Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The End Of The World: A Writer's Tutorial

Dystopian fiction: it's the cool new thing! Well, not really, of course. We've been reading about the end of the world for centuries now--there's just something about imagining that everything could be different and scary.

I wrote one of these dystopian stories once--alas, it's in the drawer, so I'm probably not very helpful when it comes to writing them. These days, I'm more into adventures.

But Lauren DeStefano (The Chemical Garden) and Moira Young (Dustlands trilogy) talk all about dystopian fiction for my fellow writers. Check out the interview at GalleyCat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 2022 News (or: on reading slumps and lots of editing...)

  April snuck up on me like a thief in the night! I’ve been so busy writing, editing, and coming up with ideas for  Daybreak on Raven Island...