Monday, March 12, 2012

The Hunger Games --Not Just For Girls

Holy Hunger Games. Have you seen the merchandising that's out there in anticipation of the movie? In my house, where one tween is anxiously awaits the movie release while side-braiding her hair, the madness is already creeping in.

I can't say that I mind. I enjoyed the books myself. And I thought this WSJ article was interesting, talking about how The Hunger Games movie is aimed to appeal to both boys and girls. Be interesting to see how it pans out later this month.

In case you haven't heard about the movie (were you hiding under a rock?), here's the trailer.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me, too!

      Has Owen read the books? Laurel said yesterday that Spencer's reading them now.

      Delete
  2. Tyne has, I'm debating if Nika is ready. Little young still, maybe...

    ReplyDelete

April 2022 News (or: on reading slumps and lots of editing...)

  April snuck up on me like a thief in the night! I’ve been so busy writing, editing, and coming up with ideas for  Daybreak on Raven Island...