Flavorwire, where all the cool lists are, collected a top ten of fictional bookstores from the movies. There's some good ones in there, you'll see.
I love the one in Hugo. The Shop Around the Corner from You've Got Mail was adorable too; I could just imagine this being my favorite as a little girl. Cozy, magical, all that.
Tell me, is your favorite in there?
News from middle-grade mystery author Fleur Bradley. Also, book reviews and cat pictures...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
April 2022 News (or: on reading slumps and lots of editing...)
April snuck up on me like a thief in the night! I’ve been so busy writing, editing, and coming up with ideas for Daybreak on Raven Island...
-
**This is my story for Patricia Abbott's flash fiction challenge (in short: have a redhead in a blue dress walk into a dining establishm...
-
*** This is my contribution to the Flash Fiction Challenge (setting: at the zoo), a short crime fiction bit to take me back to my roots fo...
-
From the Publisher: Everyone deserves to shine in this sparkling new book from the New York Times bestselling author of Escape from M...

Loved the store in Hugo, but adored the shopkeeper. I've always wanted to walk into a bookstore and have the person behind the counter know exactly what book I need. Actually started a story about that years ago. Wonder where I put it?
ReplyDeleteAnyway, back on topic. I also love Marks & Co. from 84, Charing Cross Road. It's a lovely old movie, based on a lovely old book. [Can't believe I'm referring to something from 1970 as "old".]
I'll have to check out that movie, sounds nice. And dig up that story! We want to read...
ReplyDeleteThe bookstore at 84 Charing Cross Road without a doubt. It was entirely about loving books. And old yes but the best.
ReplyDeleteNow I must see it... Always love a good recommendation.
ReplyDelete