Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Next Week: YA Edgar Extravaganza!

But wait, you say, isn't the Edgar banquet on April 29th? Yes, it is, but I thought I would have my own little 2010 YA Edgar round-up right here on the blog. I've read all of these books:

BEST YOUNG ADULT

Reality Check by Peter Abrahams (HarperCollins Children’s Books – HarperTeen)
If the Witness Lied by Caroline B. Cooney (Random House Children’s Books – Delacorte Press)
The Morgue and Me by John C. Ford (Penguin Young Readers Group – Viking Children’s Books)
Petronella Saves Nearly Everyone by Dene Low (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Children’s Books)
Shadowed Summer by Saundra Mitchell (Random House Children’s Books – Delacorte Press)


And Sunday through Thursday, I will post the review of one of these fine books every day--plus on Friday, I'll make my own prediction of who will win. So it's a pre-Edgar read-a-thon, kind of.

I hope you'll check in next week. It'll be fun, and I find that the Edgars are a good way to tell where YA mystery is at. A quick opinion: all of this year's nominees are solid mysteries (some of last year's, though impressive reads, were not quite making my mystery cut).

So next week is our YA Edgar Extravaganza! Exciting, no? It's like the Olympics for YA mystery fans.

2 comments:

  1. I'm geeked and my husband grabbed CITY OF THIEVES before I could get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try The Morgue and Me by John C. Ford--it's fun, and sets in Michigan (a fictional town, but still).

    ReplyDelete

April 2022 News (or: on reading slumps and lots of editing...)

  April snuck up on me like a thief in the night! I’ve been so busy writing, editing, and coming up with ideas for  Daybreak on Raven Island...