Friday, September 17, 2010

Little Lion Man

It's been quiet on the blog today, you may have noticed if you stop by here on occasion. September is one of those busy months, everything getting back to normal and all. Family visiting, cat having kittens--all fun, but busy also. So YA news has been off the radar.

Plus I've been working on a first draft of a MG novel. Such fun, and all-consuming; you writer friends know what I'm talking about. I'm not one of those people who write a first draft over the course of months or years. When the story is there, all I really want to do is go hang out with my characters. Go to the beach (in this case), get to know everyone, be surprised by the jokes my lead cracks. Good times.

First draft is done! I edit as I go, so hopefully the mess for draft two won't be too bad. But for now, I celebrate, and watch my cat's belly move.

Here's a song for your Friday. This one makes me want to go to the pub and have a Guinness.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, busy September. But good for you for finishing draft 1! That's exciting, and good luck with revisions. (I love revisions -- my favorite part of "writing".)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susan! I worked with a really detailed outline this time, and edited as I went, which was a new process. We'll see if it makes the editing easier :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Fleur!

    And let's do that Guinness soon.

    ReplyDelete

April 2022 News (or: on reading slumps and lots of editing...)

  April snuck up on me like a thief in the night! I’ve been so busy writing, editing, and coming up with ideas for  Daybreak on Raven Island...