Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Like The Cheese Man In Nepal

When I was at the SCBWI Springmingle conference this past weekend, I told my new writer friends that I had a blog. Many of them said, "You know, I thought about starting a blog. But I have no idea what to say every day." So I told them how I talk about YA and MG mysteries, and just general interesting stuff I come across.

But the real secret to blogging is to surround yourself with people who are smarter than you, so you can say, "What (s)he said." Some of that cleverness rubs off on you, I swear.

So today, I thought I would refer you to Place for the Stolen. My super-smart friend Jenny talks about the whole show-don't-tell thing in relation to making cheese in Nepal. It all makes sense when she says it.

2 comments:

  1. People always ask me that too and yet after almost six years and thousands of posts, I still find things to say. I don't talk as much as ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's why your blog is so successful, Patti. It's a good conversation, and an opportunity to learn something new.

    ReplyDelete

April 2022 News (or: on reading slumps and lots of editing...)

  April snuck up on me like a thief in the night! I’ve been so busy writing, editing, and coming up with ideas for  Daybreak on Raven Island...