Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Where I Wonder: Do You Ever Truly Unplug?

It's hectic madness here at Casa Bradley. We're going on vacation in a few days, and for some reason, that involves insane preparation activity--almost to the point where you wonder: why do we go on vacation again?? I need a vacation from my vacation, people.

But the good thing is that I get to take a break from the daily grind, even if I love my work very much. There's the email inbox that overfloweth, the sink full of dishes that overfloweth, the laundry basket--as you can tell, there's a lot of overflowing in my life. Stuff's busy.

The one tough part: unplugging from the ol' internet. Since I work for myself, the floweth never really stops. There's manuscript editing, email, blog posts, articles due. And then there's Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Blogger--you get the idea. As writers, we live on the internet. So it's a little weird to unplug for a few weeks, I have to say. Not that the internet will miss me, what with the gazillion other people on it.

I'm really looking forward to just forgetting about the WWW for a little while, though. I'll come back with that vacation smile, and renewed energy (also with a suitcase that overfloweth with laundry, but I won't think about that now).

How about you all? Do you have scheduled unplug time?

7 comments:

  1. Only by necessity. My in-laws don't have Internet. Yup, you read that right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that IS unusual...

    I'm old enough to remember days without computers and internet--and even without a lot of TV... Aside from the occasional break, I'd be lost without the internet now, I'll admit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, I'm sure quite a few of those gazillion people will miss you. Like me! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, guys! It'll be a family visit, so not so much rest. But good food and great company :-)

    See you all in June!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

April 2022 News (or: on reading slumps and lots of editing...)

  April snuck up on me like a thief in the night! I’ve been so busy writing, editing, and coming up with ideas for  Daybreak on Raven Island...