Thursday, September 9, 2010

DISCOUNT NOIR


I'm coming out of hiding (a fierce cold and mountain of work has kept me busy) to announce the upcoming anthology DISCOUNT NOIR.

I'm in it! And so are many more authors who wrote far better stories than I did, like Patricia Abbott, Ed Gorman, Dave Zeltserman, Chris Grabenstein, Cormac Brown, Gerald So--I could go on for a while, because the lineup is huge.

I'll keep you posted on when it's available. And cheers to Patricia Abbott and Steve Weddle for editing, and agent Stacia Decker of DMLA for pushing forward with this. There are not a lot of venues for short fiction, so I'm glad to see this one found a home, thanks to their commitment.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's awesome news -- and quite a list of contributers. Go you!

    (I hope your cold gets better...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, guys! And the cold is being beaten to a pulp by DayQuil right now :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't count mine among the better ones. I find flash fiction incredibly hard to pull off. Give me another thousand words to be at all palatable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for short fiction! Can't wait to get a taste of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Nathalie!

    And Patti: you're one of the best flash writers I know, so don't sell yourself short.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thrilled to be part of this line up. This is one rockin' collection of mayhem.

    ReplyDelete

April 2022 News (or: on reading slumps and lots of editing...)

  April snuck up on me like a thief in the night! I’ve been so busy writing, editing, and coming up with ideas for  Daybreak on Raven Island...