Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Unfortunate Side-Effects Of Hermit Status

It's May! How did that happen? I have no idea.

I finished my first draft of DOUBLE VISION, so it's time to come out of my writing cave for a little while, and get adjusted to the daylight. Apologies if I'm squinting a little.

The good news is that I finished the first draft of DOUBLE VISION (don't you love to use all-caps for titles? I do, it seems more urgent and fabulous that way), so now it's editing time. My main man Lincoln Baker got into lots of trouble, so I'm having a blast working on the book and actually look forward to edits. The bad news is that the Edgars have been announced before I even made it all the way through the teen noms, sigh... But I suppose you can't do everything, even if you get up at 4:30 a.m..

Anyway, here are the winners! Congrats, and I can vouch for the Best Juvenile winner--a fun early reader mystery.

And I plan to be getting my YA Sleuth on a little more this month. Because you missed me, right?

4 comments:

  1. Yay for finishing the first draft of DOUBLE VISION (yes, the full caps version feels pretty good)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Normally, I don't like caps since it seems like you're yelling, but for titles, it works :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay from me, too, on the first draft of DOUBLE VISION. And, yes, I missed you. Was getting ready to send out a search party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed you all too... Looking forward to catching up with all the bloggery.

    ReplyDelete

April 2022 News (or: on reading slumps and lots of editing...)

  April snuck up on me like a thief in the night! I’ve been so busy writing, editing, and coming up with ideas for  Daybreak on Raven Island...