Friday, July 31, 2009

On Freckles and Nose-Pickers

I was hoping to have some interesting links for you to waste your Friday on. But all I found was stuff that made me roll my eyes, blabbery, and stuff that’s been talked about enough already, and makes my freckles explode (this would be the story about Justine Labarlestier’s novel Liar, Liar, and the ill-chosen cover).

So on to happier things. It is Friday, after all. And exploding freckles scare the locals.

I’m reading my way through the Edgar nominees, starting with Paper Towns by John Green, which won the Edgar for Best Young Adult Novel. More on that next week.

I’m also doing some fun research for a middle-grade novel I’m working on, SHADOW BOY AND THE BOOK OF PRESIDENTS. My main character Linc and his best friend George gather interesting facts for their Book of Presidents, so that’s what I’m gathering now: cool and random facts. The kind where you say, “Really? I did not now that.”

So here’s a random fact. Feel free to use at cocktail parties, on blind dates, or when trying to get rid of a telemarketer.

A compulsive nose picker is called a rhinotillexomaniac.

Don’t you feel smarter already?

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 2022 News (or: on reading slumps and lots of editing...)

  April snuck up on me like a thief in the night! I’ve been so busy writing, editing, and coming up with ideas for  Daybreak on Raven Island...