Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Things To Do In Denver April 10th

If you’re into YA (of course you are), and are looking for a fun day out in April, check out the Colorado Teen Literature Conference in Denver (road trip!) on April 10th. Keynotes are Matt de la Pena (Ball Don’t Lie, Mexican White Boy, We Were Here) and Ellen Hopkins (Crank, Identical, and Tricks, among others), and there are a host of local authors attending as well.

The program looks really interesting, so I’ll be signing up. Last year I was set to go, snacks for the road packed and everything, Abba’s greatest hits in the CD player to sing along, and of course there was a blizzard. So I missed Jordan Sonnenblick and David Lubar—I’m sure you can imagine my pain.

Not this year. I put new tires on my Honda Element last week, I’m strengthening my shovel muscles (plenty of snow for that today), so I’ll be ready, weather be damned. I’m going, Mama Nature, so bring it. I don't care.

If you’re in the Colorado Springs area and you want to hitch a ride April 10th, let me know! I’m always looking for someone who can join me for a good bellowing of Dancing Queen.

4 comments:

  1. Colorado is one of the states we haven't made it to yet. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm becoming quite the shoveling pro :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'll take a look...I may be joining you.

    ReplyDelete

April 2022 News (or: on reading slumps and lots of editing...)

  April snuck up on me like a thief in the night! I’ve been so busy writing, editing, and coming up with ideas for  Daybreak on Raven Island...