Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Graphic Novels for Kids and Teens

It's Teen Read Week! I know, it almost passed you by too, didn't it?

This year's theme is Picture It @ your library, featuring the graphic novel; for my teacher and librarian friends, find out more here at the YALSA website.

I never got the whole graphic novel thing myself--not until I found myself with a reluctant reader. We picked up the graphic novel Smile by Raina Telgemeier, which my kiddo loved. Then there's the Wimpy Kid series, which I still re-read from time to time when I want a good laugh. Graphic novels are awesome.

Since I move more in the middle-grade realm now, I've been looking for more MG graphic novels. I found this list over at the fabulous ALSC (kidlit ALA division) of graphic novels for kids and middle-graders to fill my shopping list. Very exciting stuff.

So what are you doing still hanging around here? Go read a graphic novel already. And if it's a good one, be sure to let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I have been asked by my daughter-in-law to write a story for my grandson's kindergarten class. That should be a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that, Patti! You'll enjoy writing for kids.

    Let me know how it works out.

    ReplyDelete

April 2022 News (or: on reading slumps and lots of editing...)

  April snuck up on me like a thief in the night! I’ve been so busy writing, editing, and coming up with ideas for  Daybreak on Raven Island...