Thursday, November 10, 2011

Books For Military Kids

If you're like me, you're looking forward to an extra day off this weekend, since it's Veterans Day and all. But hopefully you're also thinking of the veterans, and those troops that are away from their families, and probably don't even get the day off. I know I do.

Since this blog is all about kidlit, I thought I would point you faithful YA Sleutheri over to United Through Reading. It's a non-profit program that allows deployed soldiers to read a book to their kids (on camera) and then sends that book plus the DVD of the reading to the military kiddo. As a military family that's been through a deployment, I can honestly say: THIS IS HUGE.

So do something nice, and consider donating a buck for a book. You'll make a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 2022 News (or: on reading slumps and lots of editing...)

  April snuck up on me like a thief in the night! I’ve been so busy writing, editing, and coming up with ideas for  Daybreak on Raven Island...