Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Morgue Named After Your Favorite Writer

Yes, that's totally possible!

I know, it's a bit creepy, but the truth is that morgues and forensic science in particular are hugely helpful to us crime writers. I once had the opportunity to listen to a day-long seminar on forensic science a few years ago, and I still draw from the information the professionals shared.

I also use it to creep out my friends and random strangers, so extra points to the forensic science community for that.

But seriously. University of Dundee in Scotland needs money to get a new morgue and research facility, and to raise the poundage, your favorite crime writers (Tess Gerritsen, Jefferey Deaver, Harlan Coben, to name just a few) are competing for votes to have the morgue named after them.

So vote and donate, all.

 More information over at LitReactor, where I found this deliciously creepy bit of news.

2 comments:

  1. A good cause but my goodness, when did it come to raising money for important government institutions like this. It's like we've lost all sense of what government should do and should be funded to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrible but true, unfortunately...

    ReplyDelete

April 2022 News (or: on reading slumps and lots of editing...)

  April snuck up on me like a thief in the night! I’ve been so busy writing, editing, and coming up with ideas for  Daybreak on Raven Island...