Thursday, March 29, 2012

What's Your Favorite Book Trailer?

I'm getting interested in book trailers now, mostly because I'm thinking I should probably make one for mine. As a reader, they're not really my cuppa tea as they say. I pretty much judge a book by its cover and jacket description.

It's hard to take a book's content and pour it into a trailer format, without losing the magic of letting the reader use their imagination.

I found a bunch of book trailers at Bookriot, but have yet to pick a favorite. I guess I'm still getting used to the idea of a trailer for a book.

How 'bout you? Any book trailers to share?

2 comments:

  1. I had a hard time coming up with one because, frankly, most of them seem a bit on the cheesy side to me. One of the best I've seen is http://mree.deviantart.com/art/Heir-of-Autumn-Flash-Movie-29352302 for Giles and Todd's first book. And that was quite a few years ago.

    My advice is to use the highest quality images and music you can. I think a lot of authors go for stock pictures and public domain music that may or may not fit what the book is really about. I've seen a couple where the images range from black and white photos to crudely drawn pictures to elaborate paintings. At that point the viewer isn't thinking about the book.

    And I'm with you. Cover image and description of what the book is about go a real long way with me. And a recommendation from a friend never hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll check that one out, Deb.

    Yeah, I have a hard time seeing the use of book trailers. Maybe I'll have a better idea of what works after I see a few more.

    ReplyDelete

April 2022 News (or: on reading slumps and lots of editing...)

  April snuck up on me like a thief in the night! I’ve been so busy writing, editing, and coming up with ideas for  Daybreak on Raven Island...