Monday, October 28, 2013

It's Monday! What are you reading?

This is one of those fun things that some blogs participate in, and I thought I'd share my reading adventures today.

For some reason, I got to thinking about The Accidental Tourist by Anne Tyler, so I picked it up at my library to re-read. It's still good, I'm glad to say. Below is my kitten Chloe, ready for me to snuggle up with the book. I usually read a kids book at the same time; my MG read is Rick Riordan's House of Hades. Will let you know how that one stacks up.


Next up, I'll read the Criminal Element short story collection The Malfeasance Occasional: Girl Trouble. There are lots of good authors in there, so I'm looking forward to it. Also, I plan to read Jay Asher's Thirteen Reasons Why.

What are you reading???

P.S. If you know a teacher, pass on this link to Caroline Starr Rose's blog, where I talk about using Code Name 711 with Revolutionary War Curriculum. There's a double giveaway, too...

2 comments:

  1. My reading has considerably slowed these past few days but I'm currently reading a semi-western with Mississippi in the backdrop and "The Secret Agent" by Joseph Conrad, the latter as part of a self-induced challenge. I liked Anne Tyler's "Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant" which I read more than two decades ago. I remember feeling sorry for Ezra Tull (I think) whose elder brother, Cody, steals his girlfriend (I think). A lovely and well-written book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never read the "Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant", but it's going on my list. Anne Tyler is such a great writer: every bit of the story seems to be a metaphor...

    ReplyDelete

April 2022 News (or: on reading slumps and lots of editing...)

  April snuck up on me like a thief in the night! I’ve been so busy writing, editing, and coming up with ideas for  Daybreak on Raven Island...