Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving! I'll be Thankfully Reading...

Happy Turkey Day, all! I'm spending my Thanksgiving with the family and cats, at home, my favorite place to be.

And I won't be shopping this weekend; I just loathe the whole Black Friday thing. I might order some books off the internetz, or shop at Etsy for Small Business Saturday. But otherwise, I'm curling up with a book.

Look at this stack I brought home from Bouchercon! I will admit, some of these are not books I would be reading if they weren't in my book bag. But I wanted to read out of my comfort zone for a change, so I'm even going for a cozy mystery with cupcakes on the front. I'll let you know how it all works out...

Happy reading, guys!



4 comments:

  1. Fleur, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! I hope you have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Prashant!

    Is there any such holiday in India? I always love to hear about other cultures and their customs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fleur, as I was telling Moira over at Clothes in Books, we do have a similar holiday associated with the harvest season or festival every year, and it is celebrated differently in states in North and South India. Of course, we don't have a turkey but we have a lot of special delicacies, each distinct to the state where the festival is observed. It is a public holiday though some private sector offices are open.

      Delete
  3. That's really interesting, Prashant--thanks for sharing. India is on my list of places I'd love to visit someday...

    ReplyDelete

April 2022 News (or: on reading slumps and lots of editing...)

  April snuck up on me like a thief in the night! I’ve been so busy writing, editing, and coming up with ideas for  Daybreak on Raven Island...